While not all leisure centres are the same, regardless of the size of the facility or the equipment and machines present, people will rate them on their cleanliness. The importance of maintaining cleanliness in leisure centres cannot be stressed enough, as there is no room for failure to maintain the highest standards of hygiene.
Whether private gyms, spas, or public recreation facilities, it is mandatory to maintain a high level of sanitation to minimise any cross-contamination, which is a challenging task, indeed.
Why Maintaining Cleanliness in Leisure Centres is Important
Mold, mildew, bacteria, germs, and viruses can thrive in the often damp environment of leisure centres, as sweat can create a moist condition. While it is not possible to stop people from sweating inside gyms, air conditioning can help reduce sweating that causes excessive moisture in the air. However, the best way to prevent the build-up of mold, mildew, bacteria, germs, and viruses is to make sure that leisure centres are spotlessly kept clean all of the time.
Below are some of the most common germs found in leisure centres:
Influenza – influenza is an airborne virus that affects the respiratory tract, and it immediately begins to multiply as soon as it is inhaled.
Dermatophytosis – this is a common fungal infection that easily spreads in unclean environments, it includes skin infections such as jock itch, athlete’s foot, tinea, and ringworms.
Staphylococcus aureus (golden staph) – this is a common and bothersome bacterium that lives on the skin and is extremely contagious. It develops into unsightly and painful sores on the skin that are capable of causing a severe infection.
Salmonella – salmonella can be spread from using dirty gym equipment and is the source of common gastrointestinal illness with symptoms that include, but not limited to, diarrhoea, vomiting, and fever.
There are many other common germs and viruses that can lurk within unclean leisure centres that can cause common cold symptoms, and even upper respiratory infections, which is why maintaining cleanliness in leisure centres is so important. In fact, studies have shown that the equipment at leisure centres can have more germs and bacteria than public toilets!
Without a doubt, owners of leisure centres can reduce the risk of their members being exposed to harmful bacteria, germs, and viruses by keeping gym equipment and furnishing constantly clean and sanitised. And the best way to do that is by hiring professional cleaners such as Australian Commercial Maintenance (ACM).
Hiring ACM will ensure that the expectations of members at leisure centres are met, in regard to maintaining a high level of cleanliness and sanitation of gym equipment and furnishings.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO
- Best Tips for Removing Graffiti from Various Property Surfaces
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose a Professional Strata Cleaning Service Provider
- General Consequences of Dirty and Unmaintained Public Toilets
- The Significance of Keeping the Factory Clean and Hygienic
- Reasons Why You Should Let Professionals Conduct Pressure Washing Activities
- Key Advantages of Window Washing for Property Owners
- Office Cleaning Services: Why Covid19 Protocols Must Be Followed by Professional Cleaners?
- Basic Steps in Creating a Cleaning Plan for Properties during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Common Cleaning Mistakes that Unreliable Cleaning Companies Might be Doing
- Key Elements that a Cleaning Company Should Possess