Australian Commercial Maintenance is a supplier of commercial cleaning for all types of Industrial & Commercial sites and is committed to conducting business to protect the health and safety of all employees.
Our management is committed to continual improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injury and illness.
When our employee’s are engaged in activities other than on the company premises, the employees’ undertake these activities in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, respective codes, regulations, codes of practice, statuary requirements and local by-laws relevant to the nature of the work being undertaken ensuring the health and safety of the company’s employee’s and the general public.
To achieve this we will:
- Identify and reduce the risk of work related injuries and illnesses through pro-activity monitoring work practices and implementing mandatory training for all staff.
- Regularly provide employees with information about hazards and hazard control.
- Induct all employees to required safe work practices and expected business practices prior to commencing work.
- Investigate all incidents to identify the possible cause and implement preventive actions to minimise the risk of occurrence.
- Through effective supervision, control of physical and chemical hazards in the workplace will be achieved.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety laws and regulations.
- Conduct a regular compliance audit program to ensure adherence to Company and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct regular management reviews of safety performance, identify and implement safety improvements.
- Involve and consult employees and customers in identifying workplace safety improvements and interventions.
- This Safety Policy is fully supported by the Managing Director and all Employees.
- Maintain a committed O.H.S AS/NZS 4801:2001 that will be updated when required.
- Ensure as far as possible that all materials are used and applied in an environmentally friendly manner according to manufactures specification.
- Provide all employees’ with appropriate training in safe handling of materials and the application of materials in all areas.
- Dispose of all waste according to regulatory laws and regulations, and in a responsible manner.
- Induct all new employees to Government regulations and Company procedures regarding the use and disposal of waste.
- Investigate all incidents of misuse / inappropriate disposal of waste, which does not comply with Company or statutory requirements, and implement preventive actions to minimise the risk of occurrence.
- Comply with all relevant environmental laws and regulations.
- Conduct an environmental program to ensure adherence to Company and regulatory requirements.
- Involve and consult employees, Government authorities and regulatory bodies and customers to identify improved waste disposal.