According to the Infection Control Expert Group (ICEG) in Australia, diseases like coronaviruses can survive on surfaces for long periods. How long one of these viruses can survive depends on the extent of the contaminated respiratory droplets or other body fluid that is present on a surface. The current temperature, humidity level and surface type can all affect the strength of the virus.
However, these viruses can be eliminated by thorough cleaning and disinfecting. When contaminated surfaces are well cleaned with detergent and then disinfected, they can be safe for touching and use again. Some cleaning agents and disinfectants can be combined to form a powerful cleansing and purifying solution. Yet to ensure the safety of mixing products, always consult the manufacturer’s directions for usage.
This advice is also endorsed by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee along with the Department of Health as detailed on their website.
Basic Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting from Council Cleaning Services
Highlights of the basic guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting from Council Cleaning Services include the following:
• Surface Cleaning and Disinfecting for Covid-19 Protection. When cleansing and disinfecting surfaces for protecting the public against infection from the Covid-19 virus, the recommended frequency of purifying can vary. How often surfaces need sanitising depends on how often they are touched or used by individuals or groups of people.
How often these surfaces need sanitising also depends on the power and effectiveness of the cleaning and disinfecting agents that are used. Frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected several times each day. Surface areas that are contacted less frequently like floors should be thoroughly sanitised once daily.
In any location with a high community spread of coronavirus or another infectious disease, any surfaces that are often touched should be well sanitised several times per day on a routine schedule.
• Disinfectant Fogging Use. The ICEG is not in favour of using disinfectant fogging to control the spread of Covid-19. This fogging or misting procedure sprays very small droplets of a disinfecting agent throughout a room interior.
Many of these spays consist of chemicals that are health risks and require special training and PPE for use. Also, most of these disinfectant sprays cannot provide effective protection for a significant length of time after their application.
• Ultraviolet Disinfection Method. The use of ultraviolet (UV) disinfection against Covid-19 is not recommended by the ICEG. Although ultraviolet-C (UVC) radiation by germicidal light has been applied in some locations, it cannot safeguard against the transmission of infection.
In addition, published information concerning the wavelength, dosage, duration and exposure impact of UVC radiation needed to eliminate the SARS-CoV-2 virus is limited. This method of disinfecting also requires trained personnel and PPE. It is not recommended for areas frequently occupied by people since it can result in eye and skin irritations.
When you consult our experts at Australian Commercial Maintenance at the Head Office location in Campbellfield, Victoria, you will receive optimal quality professional advice for cleaning and disinfection in all business and public venues. Our experienced team will explain all aspects of the Council Cleaning Services Essential Guidelines for safe and effective cleaning and disinfecting of all surface types and areas.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO
- Door and Window Washing Services: Why Hire Professionals to Do The Job?
- Benefits of Using Eco-friendly Cleaning Products in Childcare and Maternity Facilities
- The Positive Effects of a Regularly Scheduled Office Cleaning on Employees
- 5 Superb Reasons to Pressure Wash Your Parking lot and Sidewalks
- Council Cleaning Services: Essential Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfection
- The Importance of Commercial Cleaning for Government Offices
- Advantages of Regular Pressure Washing for Parking Lots and High Traffic Outdoor Areas
- Know the Environmental and Ethical Responsibilities in Commercial Cleaning
- Commercial Cleaning in Public Recreation Centres: Benefits for Health and Safety
- Commercial Pressure Washing for In Boom and Scissor Lift Operations
27A Nathan Drive Campbellfield VIC 3061
P.0 Box 15 Somerton VIC 3062
(03) 9308 5666
0419 388 172
(03) 9308 5866
Australian Commercial Maintenance will take the time to listen to your needs and believe in proactively engaging with our clients to exceed expectations. If we see something can be improved upon we will work with you to encourage the best possible outcome for both parties. We can then offer tailored services with experienced and highly trained professionals. Always with the outlook of providing the best quality cleaning and customer service.